1) What is Feng Shui?: Feng Shui is a practical technique for manipulating ch”i energy. Feng Shui was invented by the Chinese to improve their prosperity, marriage prospects, career luck, family cohesion, the luck of their children, their respect of their community, and their health.
2) What does Feng Shui mean?: Feng means wind and shui means water. The principles of our personal chi are governed by our breath and the flow of water aka blood or energy. Without movement of breath or the flow of water in our bodies we will cease to exist. Without good movement in our homes and offices, our chi will diminish. That is why running water and fresh air lifts our chi. Just taking a shower can invigorate us.
3) What is the correct way to pronounce Feng Shui?: There are over two hundred Chinese dialects. The mandarin “fung shway” is standard. Hong Kong pronunciation is “fun suey”. In Amoy pronunciation is “hong soo-ee”. In Thailand feng shui is pronounced “hong jew-ee”. Vietnam – “phong Thuy”.
4) Is Feng Shui a science?: Yes. Feng shui is a method of science. The practice has been built over thousands of years from experience of successive generations of Masters carefully measuring, recording, and matching the out comes of each feng shui change against their original intention.
5) Why is Feng Shui so confusing?; Many book and articles have been written on feng shui. All forms of feng shui come from two schools: Form School and Compass School. The confusion comes in from mixing two schools of feng shui teaching. Western Feng Shui follows the teachings of Form School. It is my experience that the Books titles Western Feng Shui are the easiest to follow for the beginner.
6) Who uses Feng Shui?: Many US buildings and corporations have had feng shui applied to them.
- Trump Tower
- MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas
- Bank of America
- Bank of Canada
- White Sox Stadium, Chicago
- Creative Artist Agency, Beverly hills
- Selected Borders Book Stores
7) When would I use Feng Shui?: It is suggested that feng shui principles are applied when you:
need support with any change
feel stuck in life or career
choosing a date to get married
correct placement of bed, desk, or building
to increase the flow of prosperity
8) What is the cost?; Classes - $20
Basic Consultation - $150
Personal Numbers and Directions - $50
House/Office Bagua Layout- $10